Wednesday, March 14, 2012

blog 3

In the article” The Allegory of the Cave” philosopher Plato is trying to understand the man’s life in the cave from Socrates and Glaucon speaking.  Human beings were chained up underground since they’re childhood. They no longer know the reality of the outside life, but what they see is only shadows from man’s real life above them and fire blazing at a distance.  Life for them was a complete darkness, which had no freedom, but just fear.  One of them, luck took place and has him released so he could face the real world. He walked towards the reality; finally he realized the reality of shadows for so many years. His eyes start having more clear vision of what darkness took place for very long time. He sees the sun in a proper place and the light that he gives life to mother earth. He likes it; he is getting used of it, because now he knows the real world. He decide to go back to the cave and speak to others that real world is above them.  They need to see and clear they’re mind from this underground life which had locked them for years and years. But unfortunately they don’t believe him. They think he is crazy, and whatever he is mumbling is just a craziness coming out of his mind, so they wanted to kill him.
As my life concerned, it was a time that I put myself in this shadow that took place on me for so many years, because I was scared, not sure and undecided.  I always wanted to have a degree or become someone, but I have to have college done. I was leaving on this fear of school to do not understand my teachers or class made making fun of me because I couldn’t speak a word of English. Having this idea for years got me nowhere but i have dreams to pursue. So I decide to make the step of my life and see the reality being college student. As I’ve got in I realized that what I have thought about college is not true,  but is an opportunity of learning more and live an educated life.       

No comments:

Post a Comment