Wednesday, April 18, 2012

blog 9



In the passage” Red Pill or Blue Pill: Is Ignorance Bliss?” authors Cornell and Malcolmson are comparing Neo’s life In a parallel string with Alice in wonderland, of living into a unreal world created from they’re imagination. The world that Neo’s is living is just a shadow of the real world that Matrix has created.

We do not live in the Matrix because matrix is just a computer program that has no value of real world because is just a game, is just a software that runs from a computer and has no value for our life’s.

Video games are just waste of time because they get you distracted, they change your personality and they destroy your vision.

As part of this technology of playing video games I find it very unnecessary to spend time with it because they get me very distracted from my primary things. Some of those games are made in that way to change my personality of becoming very angry and intense with people that surrounds me and if I keep playing for hours day by day I will end up destroying my eye vision.

Playing video games all day long I find it a complete waste of energy because it will separate me from my important things that I have to do first. If I have to study I will put all my energy of reading and writing into a 40inch screen that just change color from my joystick command. If I have to eat I will starve to death until I destroy my enemy, and if i have to sleep and get the rest that I need I will wash my face with cold water and get back to the game. Back in days I remember myself running home after school and jump into my Nintendo. Sometimes because I was in rush to get home I used to forget notebooks and supplies in school, and end up getting punished from my parents to that point of getting locked in a room away from my friends, toys, and TV. But that didn’t last long because even though punished my first achievement after getting out of that room was my video game.

By playing video games I end up changing my personality and becoming very aggressive and unstable. Same as NEO that taking the red pill had to change his personality of becoming very unstoppable and powerful like jumping from one building to another, or fight with an incredible speed of hands. I used to put myself as a hero that to have the ability of doing things that none of human being can harm me. I used to get upset of losing my game but that wasn’t enough because that anger I used to bring it in real life with my friends and parents. All this kind of things I never realized because I used to think that I am the dominate of the game and whatever around me was just an enemy.

By playing video games I end up losing my focus eye vision. My eye circle used to be always red from hours and hours playing, and not realizing what was going on. Was a time that my eyes start watering from seeing sun light and that made me so scared because I didn’t know what I was doing to myself. It was a tough decision to throw away my video game but I did what I have to do, because I didn’t want to end up with eye glasses.

As part of my conclusion I think that video game world is putting many young adults to a complete distraction, that have capture their minds in a way of acting and over reacting in an inappropriate way with the real world, and the blue pill would be the only solutions of making them believe that the real world is where you standing not beyond the imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment